Monday, January 15, 2018

Inspired by Vintage


If you remember the recent NOVEMBER 2017 post, you might think that this plaid skirt looks somewhat familiar, and you won't be wrong. I have been wearing my old skirt for 3 years and find it very versatile and perfect for the cold season, which led me to an idea to look for another skirt in similar lines, but perhaps in different colors. While the colors of this skirt are rather similar, I do not mind it at all - I love green and rust. The design of this skirt made it irresistible for me, but it will be revealed a bit later.



I paired my new skirt with this vintage-inspired jacket which I ordered from a London based plus size company Simply Be last winter. I remember that in the description of the jacket, the maker mentioned that it was inspired by a jacket the designer found in a vintage shop in Amsterdam. Everything, the colors and lines, as well as whimsical buttons and fake fur, was exactly to my liking, so it just had to be mine. It also reminds me of genuine vintage jackets my dear friends BEATE and ANN wear, which is a bonus as they both have impeccable style.



I love the plaid-on-plaid effect, but I wanted to add some brightness to the mix - and this thrifted blouse came to the rescue once again (previously shown HERE). Just as it was last time, the unlikely combination of bright and subtle colors worked well, in my humble opinion. I opted to emphasize pink dots and orange in the skirt by adding recently thrifted bright pink and orange beads - to me, they bring another dimension to the outfit and complete the picture.


Skirt (dress) - eShakti
Jacket - Joe Browns via Simply Be (last year)
Blouse and beads - thrifted
Glasses - Christian Siriano X Lane Bryant (old)
Booties - Ecco via Nordstrom Rack (old)

22 comments:

  1. Oh Natalia I love it ❤️. Can you send me please this skirt? :))
    I love the inspiration of the designer and this vintage lookalike.
    I eish you a wonderful week, hug hug Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. that skirt is sooo sweet!!!
    love the high waist and suspenders - and of cause the fabric. total fun that you fund a replica of our trusted vintage jackets! and in the perfect colors for you! together with the fab bright blouse & pearls this is a gorgeous vintage-y ensemble! <3 <3 <3
    and you look right at home in it!!!
    much love! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not nearly as high quality as your or Ann's genuine vintage jackets, but that's pretty much what you'd expect from modern clothing. And I love wearing it! <3

      Delete
  3. Love this vintage inspired mix Natalia!!! The backdrop on your pictures is just perfect!
    Xx
    Joi
    - www.inmyjoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was swooning over that jacket the minute I laid eyes on it. It's absolutely gorgeous and you are looking gorgeous in it too. There is no way I have a jacket that lovely, although I am flattered ... I'm loving the skirt too, that's really special! The pink vintage shirt and those lovely pink/orange beads are a perfect, almost Spring-like, antidote to the mix of plaids! I'm absolutely loving this. You are an inspiration! Hugest of hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, my dear Ann! Oh I don't know, I think you have at least a half of dozen of gorgeous vintage jackets! The green one comes to mind! <3

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you, dear! Watch for that brand, they have whimsical designs.

      Delete
  6. Żakiet z futerkiem jest piękny:))cały zestaw bardzo mi się podoba:))a Ty wyglądasz ślicznie:))Pozdrawiam serdecznie:)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your vintage inspired outfit Natalia. The high waisted skirt with its suspenders is wonderful and the pairing with your bright blouse so perfect. The jacket most definately could be from another time. Hope all is well, best wishes, Jill. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is something I could see Beate wearing, and that is a compliment. How fun to have suspenders too!
    You are getting really playful with your colours. Xo Jazzy Jack

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Natalia,
    I am in love with this fabulous and beautifully curated look . I love the plaid suspender dress and the layering of the plaids as a bold and graphic look. The addition of the pink vintage blouse is pure brilliance. My kind of dressing, as you well know. I love everything about this, and find myself very happily inspired.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, my dearest Elle! So thrilling! :)

      Delete
  10. Lovely outfit, lovely plaid-on-plaid mix, and so fabulous vintage vibe, you look gorgeous and made me think on Agatha Christie's series, Grantchester or Father Brown (which I love!)
    I'm totally in love with your pink blouse and those magnificent beads, they look so perfect and add a brilliant touch!
    besos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Monica! Oh I love all those series so much!! <3

      Delete
  11. This plaid skirt is gorgeous, I can see why you love to wear it. I love the bold way you have styled it in this outfit, pairing it with that wonderful blouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was its' first (or maybe second) outing, but it quickly became a favorite! Thank you, dear!

      Delete