Friday, January 3, 2014

2014


I am not big on New Year's resolutions. I honestly think that I have never made any resolutions for an upcoming year. Dreams - yes, many. Resolutions or plans - no. But this year I've decided to make a resolution for myself. Just one - but a huge one.



I have decided that this year, I will do everything to be happy. No hesitance, no excuses. Last year was not a bad one, but really very tough one for me. I must say one of the hardest my years so far. And I did not do a very good job to stay happy. I let too many things upset and disappoint me way too deeply. Yes, there are things which we can't change. They happen. It is what it is. But ultimately, it is always up to me whether I am happy or not. It is my and only my job to be happy. The world doesn't care one way or another. But I do. So this year, I will do everything to become a happier self, as happy as I can be and as I want to be. I love being me. I wouldn't want to change shoes with anyone on this planet - no one at all! I love my life and the life we build with Justin and Anna. All I want to add to it... just a happier myself. And that is my New Year's resolution.




Wool coat by Lands' End - my Christmas gift, and I am madly in love with it! Available here on sale in a few different vibrant colors, in regular, tall and plus sizes.
The rest is relatively old stuff :) Top and skirt by Lane Bryant. Purse by B Makowsky. Booties by Aquatalia. Scarf - batik from Russia. 

PS My 10 year old daughter taught me how to make an infinity scarf out of any square or rectangular scarf (or a piece of pretty fabric, really) by tying together the opposite corners of a scarf. I do it all the time now! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh this outfit is outstanding! I love the bold colors and the confidence in your smile.

    blue hue wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a generous compliment! Thank you, Ann! I started being much more adventurous with colors recently, after I turned 40. :) It is SO MUCH fun! It seems one can create so much with just colors - it's amazing! So far, I am looking for bright and vibrant, and inspiring color combinations which bring me happiness, cheer me up. Green was always my favorite, and orange is rapidly becoming one of my favorite colors too. :)

      Delete